Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Number The Stars

Here is a mix of different activities we did while reading the book: Number The Stars by Lois Lowry.
Above is a picture of the two word summary activity we did after reading each chapter.

This is an example of the maps we drew after reading the first few chapters which really outline the setting. In the second picture you can see the color coded key that one child drew.
The last lessons involved studying Annemarie's character traits. What were her strengths and weaknesses?
After reading each chapter we took online quizes from this site:
http://www.mce.k12tn.net/reading23/number_the_stars.htm
Christine

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if you think this would be something that would be appropriate for your class (I am unsure of your grade level). But, in my Reading/Writing integration course this semester we learned about WebQuests, and this one is REALLY good. Just though I would share! =)

    http://www.bgsu.edu/colleges/library/crc/webquest/number%20the%20stars/Homepage.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I looked at it and found it interesting. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a 12 year old person reading this story it made me realize how horrible it was to be in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is wonderful! Thanks

    ReplyDelete