Saturday, February 19, 2011

Uprising: Character Traits

Wordle about character traits 
 We have done some work on inferring character traits while reading Uprising. I love the idea several of my 5th graders came up with: Highlight the traits that refer to each character in the Wordle. I took a picture of the "key" they made. The worksheet I used with this activity has the students find text based evidence of the character trait. They had to find actions, thoughts( monologue) or words (dialogue) that showed the trait. I did the top one for them (I gave them a page for each of the three characters in the story). Christine
key my students came up with

3 comments:

  1. Great idea with the Wordle. I've been trying to come up with ideas for those. The kids loved it, I'm sure.

    The Character Sketch graphic organizer is neat. Do you remember where you found that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also trying to think of more uses for the Wordle. Its such a cool tool. If you come up with anything let me know.I don't remember where I got the worksheet. You could just make a simple one on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How/where do you find this "Wordle"? I am not familiar with it, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete